With cottages opening, trips, all inclusive getaways…vacation mode is for all seasons.
On our podcast earlier this week we touched on vacation mode and how it can make or break your routine when you return.
You work hard at home to stay on track (work out, eat well, etc.), but when we go on vacation our brains are tempted to take vacation from our healthy habits too. This only becomes a problem when one week of a rule-free mindset continues when you get home.
Here are 5 tips to help you stay on track and make it through your vacation:
1. Be vocal – tell people about the choices you want to make
2. Plan ahead – what will you eat everyday? — but be general so you don’t set yourself up for failure.
3. Give yourself an allowance – ‘plan’ for a ‘treat’
4. Plan for 50% of previous experiences – then cut back a little
5. Set a goal – healthy goals (to maintain your weight, etc)
To learn more about our ‘5 Tips To Get You Through A Vacation’ and more about vacation mode, go to iTunes or Google Play and listen to our podcast, episode 16- Vacation Mode!
If you have any questions or would like more information on how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals, please email us email@example.com